Product Review: Aficionado C333R 50 Bottle Wine Cellar
Price Range: $450 – $500
Who Would Buy This: Wine collectors who are shopping for a large capacity wine cellar which can be built-in or used free-standing.
- Versatile design – The Aficionado C333R 50 Bottle Wine Cellar has front ventilation, allowing it to be used either as a freestanding unit or built-in to your cabinets to save room space and provide a seamless look.
- This wine cellar has a strikingly modern design comprising of a black cabinet and stainless-steel door with tube-type handle. The door features UV protected tinted glass to keep wines safe from the sun’s rays.
- Six slide-out chrome plated storage racks complete with elegant wooden front trim are inside the unit. The racks use a ball bearing mechanism to provide smooth effortless sliding, giving you easy access to your wine collection.
- The interior light softly illuminates the interior to give you a good view of your wines. The light can be turned on/off using the switch on the control panel.
- Inside the door, a blue LED display shows a clear readout of the operating temperature. The internal temperature can be set via 1 degree increments using the user-friendly control panel inside the door. There are dedicated buttons for Red wines and White wines so you can quickly pre-set the unit to the right temperature.
- Quiet – With an operating sound level of just 47 db, this wine cellar is quiet so can be kept in environments where you don’t want excess noise.
- No dual-zone compartments. However, the manufacture state there is often a 10 degree temperature variance between the top and bottom storage racks so you can store a mixture of wines such as reds with whites.
Guarantee: 1-year limited warranty. 5-year warranty on sealed system.
The Aficionado C333R is a stylish, well featured wine cellar with an excellent wine storage capacity to house 50 bottles. Despite being a compressor based unit, the operating sound level is below 50 db so it’s very quiet, which is a plus point.
Its built-in capability is desirable for those who want to integrate their wine cellar into their kitchen. I rate this as a good buy if you have a large wine collection and want the versatility of built-in use.