Product Review: Breville 800BLXL Die-Cast Hemisphere 2-Speed Blender
Price Range: $250 – $300
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for an easy-to-use, heavy-duty blender which excels at making great smoothies and beautifully crushed ice.
- The Breville 800BLXL has a heavy die-cast base finished in brushed steel which looks ultra-modern and elegant, making it a perfect addition to any modern kitchen which has all stainless-steel appliances.
- The polymer motor outputs 1000-watts of power and operates quietly with minimum friction so you can blend till your heart’s content without making a racket.
- Breville have kept the controls simple on this model. With the user-friendly push-button control panel, you can select between the Blend and Smoothie functions and also an Ice (Auto pulse) option. The buttons are light illuminated to make them easy to see in rooms with low lighting. The lack of crevices around the buttons ensures the controls are easy to wipe clean and prevents any liquid seeping through leading to possible malfunctions.
- The cleverly engineered patented blade design uses a semi-circular, stainless-steel shredding blade that is positioned in close contact with the bowl so there is far less chance of ingredients not being thoroughly mixed, leading to an incredibly smooth blending performance time after time.
- Included is a lightweight polycarbonate jar which has a whopping 67-ounce capacity. The jar is dishwasher-safe for hands-free cleaning and features red measurement markings so you can get the perfect quantity of liquid in your recipes. The lid has been designed to be leak-free so even when blending at high-speed nothing will seep out.
- Handy cord storage is located under the base so you can wrap the power cord away tidily when the machine is not in use.
- There is no low speed setting so for certain tasks such as making soup it can result in liquid spraying out of the machine even if you hold the lid down. However, there is a pulse setting so you can blend foods in short bursts.
- No food plunger in included so you don’t have that extra manual control over pushing hard ingredients down as you do with blenders such as the Vitamix.
Guarantee: 1-year limited warranty.
Value for money?
The Breville 800BLXL Die-Cast Hemisphere 2-Speed Blender is a very well engineered blender and up there with the best in this price range. Smartly designed aspects like the blade/bowl system and the motor sensors ensure that blending results are top quality every time.
If you intend to frequently blend ingredients which contain seeds such as berries then we recommend opting for a Vitamix blender instead as that pulverizes seeds more efficiently. However, for all round blending tasks this blender is highly recommended.