Product Review: Breville BJB840XL Juice and Blend Dual-Purpose Juicer and Blender
Price Range: $500 – $600
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a commercial-quality, space-saving appliance which combines a powerful juicer and a blender in just one machine.
- The Breville Juicer and Blend has a die-cast metal body, which looks very elegant and makes the machine rugged and durable enough to handle heavy-duty use without cracking or corroding over time. The base features a clever interchangeable design which allows the juicer and the blender to use the same motor base to reduce clutter and save space in your kitchen.
- The heavy die-cast base houses a powerful 1000-watt motor for the centrifugal juicer, providing the same power as what Breville’s much touted Juice Fountain Elite model has. The blender attachment has a 1200-watt motor so you can make tasty smoothies, crushed ice or shakes in no time at all.
- The easy-to-use dial gives you intuitive control over both the blender and juicer functions. The blender has the versatility of five multi-speeds with dedicated functions for pulse, crushing ice and making smoothies. Likewise, the juicer also has five speed settings so you can optimize the machines speed precisely for either soft or harder produce to achieve a good yield.
- A wide 3-inch feed chute on the juicing attachment allows you to feed in large pieces of produce so there is little cutting prep work for you to do prior to juicing.
- Breville’s Hemisphere™ Blade & Bowl Technology in the blender attachment utilizes a central blade assembly to reduce the chance of food getting trapped for optimum efficiency.
- The blender includes a 51-oz glass pitcher with measurements in both litres and cups. The juicer includes a 40-oz jug with a froth separator to give you froth-free juice.
- Cleaning up after using the machine takes only a few minutes. A spatula is included to let you clean out excess pulp. The parts are dishwasher-safe which helps speed up the process.
- Overload and overheat protection systems ensure that in the event of excessive load detected, the machine will automatically switch off to prevent damage to the motor.
- As this is a centrifugal-style juicer it isn’t suitable for juicing leafy greens so we’d recommend opting for a slow juicer if you intend on juicing them frequently.
Guarantee: 1-year limited warranty.
Value for money?
The saying “you get what you pay for” is very apt in the case of the Breville BJB840XL Juice and Blend. This dual-purpose kitchen appliance has an excellent level of proficiency, high standards of durability and is a wonderful space-saver for those who want the benefits of a juicer and a blender without the clutter of having two separate appliances on the counter.