Product Review: Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer
Price Range: $350 – $400
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a vertical masticating juicer which produces a high juice yield.
- The Breville BJS600XL has a small footprint thanks to its vertical design so it’s suitable for those with smaller kitchens.
- Highly durable parts – The anger and juicing screen are 8x stronger than those found in regular juicers so they’ll have a longer lifespan.
- With only five parts to put together, the machine is easy and quick to assemble. Additionally, for your safety the two-step safety system ensures that the machine only starts when everything is properly assembled.
- Powering the Juice Fountain Crush is a quiet 240-watt induction motor, which comes with a 10-year warranty for your peace of mind. The motor runs at 80 RPM to slowly turn the single anger to allow it to squeeze your fruits and vegetables to attain a high yield for great efficiency.
- The overload protection system can detect heavy loads then switches the machine off to prevent damage to the motor. An overload switch is located at the bottom of the unit which can be used to restart the machine in this event.
- Included in the box is a juice jug and pulp bin. A small cleaning brush is included for the important task of cleaning the juicing screen.
- The prep time required for cutting up produce before feeding them in is somewhat longer than with a centrifugal juicer.
- The juice produced isn’t pulp-free, so if you want pulp-free juice you need to use a sieve to remove any excess pulp from your juice.
- The one year warranty is shorter than other vertical, single anger juicing machines in the market.
Guarantee: 1-year regular warranty, 10-year motor warranty.
Value for money?
The Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer is a good quality single anger machine; however its short 1-year warranty is disappointing.
If you like smooth, pulpy juice and you want a masticating juicer which is very quiet and pretty compact then this machine is worth considering. However, unless space is an issue we recommend the Omega J8006 over the Juice Fountain Crush because it is cheaper and more versatile.