Product Review: Bunn A10 Pour-O-Matic Coffee Brewer
Price Range: $200 – $250
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a highly durable, commercial quality coffee brewer which can brew great tasting coffee quickly.
- For a start you have a product that uses the Bunn name. The corporation based in Illinois haven’t been providing home brewers since the early 1970’s for no good reason and their products are generally solid and dependable. Their reputation certainly transfers over to the A10 which is an appliance that is clearly built to last without compromising on taste and quality.
- It is also immensely fast. When you are struggling to get out in the morning the last thing you want is to spend half an hour trying to brew a coffee. The A10 makes this process simple and within 15 minutes the appliance will be sufficiently heated to make a cup of coffee and getting a refill is only 3 minutes or less away when you add 2 cups worth of water.
- A major gripe with owners of coffee brewer is the purchase of all the extras such as filters. The A10 comes with 2 packets of filters in addition to a deliming spring for the drip mechanism cutting down on your extra costs.
- No appliance is absolutely perfect and the Bunn A10 Pour-O-Matic Coffee Brewer is no different in this regard.
- It is expensive. There is no getting away from the price and, at over $200, it is towards the top end of the coffee brewer market. That being said, because of its added extras such as filters and its proven durability then this initial cost is offset somewhat in the long run.
- The A10 also comes without a timer which is a major drawback for a lot of people. Automation is all well and good but we still want to have control over our appliances and the lack of a timer stops us from having this. Coupled with the rather flimsy plastic brew funnel (for the price you would expect a stainless steel one) then the A10 isn’t as invincible as it is perhaps made out.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty plus a 3-year limited service warranty.
When it comes to coffee we are immensely picky. We all like coffee made a different way, with sugar, without sugar, with or without milk; the options are pretty endless however you need to start with the basics – using a high quality coffee brewer.
You can have the nicest smelling and tasting coffee granules in the entire world however, if you are using a below par brewer to start your day, then you are just going to end up disappointed.
Bunn-O-Matic are a well-known and respected brand so instantly this raises the credibility of the appliance. If you are after a high quality and dependable coffee brewer then the A10 from Bunn is one of the best around. For sure it has some drawbacks and a timer and better funnel would certainly be welcomed, however this doesn’t take away from the fact that it is a top range appliance if you are serious about your coffee.