Product Review: Cuisinart DFP-14BCN 14-Cup Food Processor
Price Range: $150 – $200
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for large, powerful, heavy-duty food processor which has basic controls for easy operation.
- Style-wise, the Cuisinart DFP-14 has classic looks with its distinctive boxy, heavy-duty motor base which has a sleek brushed chrome and black finish.
- With its two button design, this machine couldn’t be any easier to use. Just select either the On or Off/Pulse button to function the machine.
- A 720 watt motor powers the machine which gives it plenty of power to handle tough food items like heavy dough’s without stalling. Most users are pleased with how quiet the machine is whilst operating.
- A large 14-cup plastic work bowl with handle sits on top of the base. The work bowl cover comes with a large feed tube plus a small feed tube and pusher, so you can fit both small and large items into the bowl easily without doing much prep work.
- As standard, this food processor includes five attachments for basic processing tasks like slicing, shredding, mixing and kneading. These include a stainless-steel 4mm standard slicing disc, medium shredding disc, stainless steel chopping/mixing blade plus a plastic dough blade. There is also a spatula included which makes light work of scraping clean the work bowl.
- All dishwasher-safe parts apart from the motor base which can be wiped clean, making clean-up easier.
- Includes instructional and recipe booklet with 40 recipes. A how-to DVD is also included to familiarize you with the machine and learn safety tips.
- This model appears to have been discontinued by Cuisinart so sourcing replacement parts maybe difficult.
- For safety, all the parts have to be aligned together perfectly for the machine to operate which some users have found frustrating.
- Hand cleaning the shredding discs takes some time and effort particularly after using it for shredding cheese.
- It lacks a dedicated dough mode button like the newer models. Additionally, the dough blade is plastic, not stainless-steel.
Guarantee: 3-year limited warranty on unit. 5-year warranty on motor.
The Cuisinart DFP-14BCN is an old school style food processor which is incredibly functional and has an excellent record for reliability having now been on the market for many years.
While it lacks the fancy push button controls of the newer models, the push bar buttons do the job just fine. This machine is powerful, large, and easy-to-use which overall makes it an excellent choice if you need a reliable, powerful workhouse to take on your food prep tasks at high speed.