Product Review: Danby DCR88BSLDD 3.2 cu.ft. Compact Refrigerator
Price Range: $150 – $200
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a stylish, compact refrigerator with a freezer section.
- The Danby DCR88BSLDD Compact Refrigerator has a refined, upmarket look with its spotless steel and black exterior.
- The flat-back maximizes space and allows you to fit the refrigerator flush against the wall.
- The reversible door gives you the flexibility of being able to open the door at your preferred side to suit your room layout.
- The small upper freezer compartment has a 0.4 cu ft capacity so you can keep frozen meals in your room as well as fresh produce. An ice cube tray is provided which is handy for making ice for refreshing ice cold drinks.
- Convenient drink access is provided with the CanStor drink can dispenser, which can store up to 8 cans. The cans are held at an angle which makes them easy to slide out for retrieval. The inner door also features egg storage for storing 5 eggs.
- Energy Star Rated – benefiting your pocket as well as the environment.
- Some models in the Danby Designer line of refrigerators such as the DAR125SLDD, have received mixed feedback from consumers with a good proportion of them experiencing inconsistency in the operation of the cooling. However, this particular model has much better feedback so this isn’t a showstopper in our opinion.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty.
Value for money?
On paper, the Danby DCR88BSLDD looks like a fine compact refrigerator with a good feature set and glowing consumer response. It has versatile internal storage, runs quietly and looks sublime. For value it offers great bang for your buck.
Another alternative to consider is the Haier HNSE032BB 3.2 Cubic Feet Refrigerator/Freezer.