Product Review: Danby DWC276BLS 27-Bottle Silhouette Wine Cellar
Price Range: $500 – $550
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for medium sized, single zone wine cooler which can fit in compact spaces.
- The Danby Silhouette Wine Cellar is one of the most compact 27 bottle, free standing wine coolers in the market, measuring just 12.12″ x 23.68″ x 34.06″ (W x D x H). This makes it slim enough to fit in an apartment kitchen or home bar, or anywhere else where space is limited.
- The styling of this wine cellar is sure to add sophistication to any setting. The sleek stainless steel cabinet is finished beautifully in a bold black finish. The door features a stainless steel frame and handle, plus is fitted with tempered glass for added durability and safety.
- Inside the unit there are seven sliding, black wire shelves with an attractive stainless steel trim edge. Each shelf can accommodate four standard sized 350ml bottles. Larger, thicker bottles such as Pinot Noir can fit although the bottle capacity per shelf will be reduced by one or two bottles.
- The unit is lockable so you can keep your wines under lock and key so they’re out of reach from your children.
- Operating the appliance is easy using the user-friendly exterior controls. The temperature is programmable from a range between 4-18ºC (39-65ºF) which is displayed on the LED display readout. The interior can be illuminated up by a blue light which can be toggled on/off as per your preference.
- Has only a single zone, so isn’t ideal for storing different types of wines together such as reds with whites.
Guarantee: 2-year warranty.
The Danby DWC276BLS Silhouette Wine Cellar facilitates in providing reliable cooling and storing of wines while only taking up minimal space.
Being a compressor cooling based unit, it isn’t as quiet as a thermoelectric model. However, it only puts out similar noise to a refrigerator so it isn’t bad for noise.
Overall, this is a fine choice if you need a highly compact wine cellar with a slim profile and you’ll be storing wines together which need to be kept at a similar temperature.