Product Review: Danby DWC508BLS 50 Bottle Designer Wine Cooler
Price Range: $750 – $800
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a smart looking, 50 bottle wine cooler to be either free-standing or built-in to a counter.
- Versatile installation – The Danby DWC508BLS Wine Cooler can be used as either a freestanding unit or be built-in under your counter with zero clearance due to its front exhaust design.
- The neutral styling of this appliance exudes elegance and sophistication. The stylish stainless-steel door frame and handle goes well with the black cabinet. Tinted tempered glass is used for the door to provide UV protection for your wines and resistance against shattering. With the reversible door, you have the flexibility of opening it either side by moving the hinge.
- The interior has a large 5.3 cu ft capacity which accommodates up to 50 (750 ml) bottles in the 6.5 black wire shelves complete with an elegant light beechwood front. The interior LED lighting safely illuminates your wine collection so you can show off your collection to your guests in style.
- The user-friendly digital thermostat allows you to set the temperature between 4°C – 18°C in 1°C increments to ensure good preservation of all your wines. The current temp is displayed on an LED display to give you a clear overview of how cool it’s operating.
- This wine cooler puts out some noise so it’s best for use in areas when you don’t mind noise.
Guarantee: 18-month parts & labour warranty.
Value for money?
For a single-zone wine cooler with a large capacity, the Danby DWC508BLS 50 Bottle Designer Wine Cooler triumphs for value. It’s stylish, maintains a consistent temperature and can be built-in under your counter for a seamless finish. The only drawback is its noise output, but for a 50 bottle cooler in this price range this unit has an average noise level.