Product Review: Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike
Price Range: $750 – $800
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a quality, durable, entry-level recumbent bike that is packed with plenty of amenities. Suitable for users up to 300 lbs.
- The 510Sr Recumbent Bike has a gym quality look to it with its stylish, rugged frame and black parts. The frame carries a lifetime limited warranty for your peace of mind.
- Due to its step-through design, getting onto the bike is easy with no awkward high frame to step over. This is particularly advantageous for the elderly.
- The full-sized seat is nicely padded and designed with a sculptured base and back for excellent ergonomics. The mesh seat back is height adjustable so both small and tall users can ride in comfort. The handlebars and saddle are also adjustable so you can fully customize the bike to your body size and shape. Large pedals with adjustable straps are provided for attaining a firm and comfort foot grip.
- Workout variety is another strong point of the 510Sr. The bike is equipped with a total of 20 workout programs which include target heart rate via use of the hand sensor grips. Setting up programs is easy due to the scrolling message center on the console which guides you every step of the way. With 16 levels of resistance to choose from you can alter your workout intensity to a level suited to you.
- Workout feedback is delivered to you in real time via the large blue backlit LCD display. Navigating the console is easy using the numeric keypad. Five QuickSet program keys give you quick access to your favourite workout programs at the touch of a button.
- Lots of amenities are included which make workout sessions that little bit more luxurious and enjoyable. A foldout magazine rack gives you convenient access to reading materials as you exercise. An adjustable two speed fan takes care of cooling to make intense workout sessions more bearable. The onboard water bottle holder provides easy access to water.
- The console features a standard input jack so you can connect your MP3 player and listen to music via the integrated speakers. There is also a USB power supply so you can charge USB powered devices straight from the console.
- The buttons for the QuickSet programs aren’t clearly labelled so if the bike isn’t located in a strong lighting area then they are very difficult to read.
Guarantee: Lifetime limited warranty on frame and brakes. 3-year warranty on parts & electronics. 1-year warranty on labor. 90-day warranty on wear items.
The Diamondback Fitness 510Sr Recumbent Exercise Bike maybe an entry-level bike, but it certainly doesn’t skimp on build quality or bells and whistles. Features like its roomy, sculptured seat and array of adjustment options make it very versatile and a comfortable way to attain a good low impact workout. Most importantly, riding performance is smooth and quiet.
Consumers are very impressed with the quality of Diamondback’s customer service and promptness dealing with problems. When paying this much for a piece of home gym equipment, we feel this is important to consider.