Product Review: Dimplex RWF-DG Sahara Electric Wall Mounted Stove
Price Range: $400 – $450
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a stylish, contemporary, wall-mounted electric fireplace to add heat and ambiance to areas where floor space is limited.
- Stylish and modern – The Sahara electric fireplace is constructed with a durable steel frame that is built to last. The one-piece frame has an elegant dark grey finish with an eye catching aluminium silver trim which accentuates the fireplace beautifully. The use of tempered glass ensures that it’s safe to touch the front even when the fire is on high heat.
- This wall mounted unit has a low profile size of just 39.5 inches x 27.75 inches x 6 7/8 inches (W x H x D). Cord storage provides tidy storage of the white cord.
- Plug & Play setup – Included with the fireplace is the necessary mounting hardware and bubble level to mount it flush to your wall. Installation takes around 25-30 minutes. After mounting the fireplace, simply plug it into a regular 120 volt outlet and its ready to use.
- The tri-colored sand flame bed uses three layers of natural sand to create an exquisite aesthetic appearance under the flames. Dimplex’s 3D flame technology produces highly realistic flames which create a warm and inviting ambiance to your living space. The flame can be turned on without the heater so you can enjoy the flame effects all year round for as little as 2 cents per hour.
- The built-in fan-forced 1,400-watt heater has 4780 BTUs, emitting enough heat to warm up rooms up to 400 sq ft. The heater thermostat control allows you to regulate the temperature to your own requirements at the turn of a knob.
- An included remote control allows for remote operation so you can turn the fireplace on or off without leaving your chair.
- One potential downside is that the unit weighs 60-lbs so you need to ensure you have a solid wall to mount it onto.
Guarantee: 1-year limited warranty.
The Sahara Electric Fireplace is a wonderful looking wall mount fireplace with all the outstanding features we’ve come to expect from Dimplex. Its sleek, contemporary styling fits like a glove into the modern home and is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the cheaper units we’ve come across.
If your tastes are modern and you like the idea of hanging a fireplace on the wall like a picture then the Sahara is highly recommended.