Product Review: Exerpeutic 250XL Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
Price Range: $150 – $200
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a low cost, ultra-quiet, upright exercise bike which has a foldable design for compact storage.
- The Exerpeutic 250XL is designed with high quality craftsmanship. The strong yet lightweight, heavy-duty frame is constructed with solid welds for long term durability. The frames 19-inch wide footprint makes the bike very stable even during the rigorous of cycling workouts. With a rated weight capacity of up to 300 lb, it can support most users.
- The foldable design makes it a true space saver so you can have the bike out in your room only when you need it. The presence of transportation wheels makes it easy to roll the bike into storage after your workout.
- Seating wise, the bike is equipped with a large cushioned seat which is adjustable to comfortably accommodate users from 5 ft 3 inches to 6 ft 3 inches tall. Oversized pedals with safety straps allows for safe cycling for users of nearly all foot sizes.
- Using a precision balanced flywheel combined with a V-belt drive system, this bike is engineered to give you a smooth and quiet ride without squeaks or creeks. The three piece high torque crank system withstands fast pedalling motion to give you a bike you can depend on.
- The magnetic tension control system offers 8 levels of resistance so you can adjust the bike to match the level of challenge you desire.
- Keeping track of your progress as you pedal is a glance away using the onboard Health Manager computer. It features a 3.3 x 1.5-inch LCD screen which displays speed, distance, time, calories, scan and your heart rate using the integrated hand pulse monitor.
- The adjustability of this bike is limited as the handlebars cannot be adjusted.
- The computer doesn’t deliver accurate readouts so it isn’t something you should rely on as a precise guide.
- The biometric design of the bike is unconventional as the pedals are situated further forward than standard upright bikes. However, most users seem to have no problem with this.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty.
The Exerpeutic 250XL Folding Magnetic Upright Bike is the best value stationary bike we’ve seen to-date. Its foldable design makes it perfect for small living spaces such as apartments or condominiums. It can be assembled pretty easily within 20-30 minutes and comes with all the necessary tools. Its sturdy, stable frame and remarkably quiet belt drive system makes the Exerpeutic 250XL ideal for people who want a smooth, near silent way to enhance their cardio fitness levels.