Product Review: Fat Cat 7-Foot Reno II Billiard Table
Price Range: $850 – $900
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for an elegant, sharp looking billiard table which is geared more towards family fun than professional grade play.
- Assembling the Reno II is easy as the top comes pre-assembled so you just need to deal with assembling the legs. You’ll need some assistance when lifting the top onto the legs as it’s quite heavy.
- The Fat Cat Reno II Billiard Table has beautiful, exquisite styling which gives it the look of a higher priced table. The design comprises of 6″ solid wood rails with white diamond inlays to assist you when taking kick off shots. The leather shield drop pockets look great. The table’s sturdy, distinctive bevelled legs are constructed from wood veneer maple.
- The table has a 1 inch Accuslate MDF playing surface which is covered in an attractive burgundy wool cloth. While this playing surface lacks the speed, accuracy of smoothness of ball roll compared to a slate surface table, it helps keep the table very affordable.
- An accessory kit is included which includes two 57″ cues, two chalks, one set of billiard balls, triangle and a brush.
- The K66 rubber bumpers lack a good bounce. Again, fine for casual play, but serious players will be left wanting. The Accuslate playing surface doesn’t match up to slate, but then again this table is lighter and isn’t in the slate table price bracket.
- The two cues included are flimsy so we recommend you buy some other cues separately.
Guarantee: 7-year warranty on Accuslate play surface.
The Fat Cat 7-Foot Reno II Billiard Table is a classy looking table which is ideal for those looking for a table for casual play and not for serious pool tournaments where the truest rolls and speed of a slate table is required.
We rate this as a fine choice for a starter table or for non-serious pool players who don’t want to fork out for a high-end table.