Product Review: Haier HMV1630DBBB 30-inch Over-The-Range 1000 Watt Microwave
Price Range: $150 – $200
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a good value, basic over range microwave which packs plenty of power.
- The Haier HMV1630DBBB has a large 1.6 cu ft capacity with a 13.6 inch diameter turntable which can accommodate your larger than average dishes. It has 1000 watts of power.
- Versatile operation – Can be used with a ducted or non-ducted ventilation installation type. The two speed exhaust fan operates quietly and gives you the ability to increase the exhaust power depending on your needs. Included is a charcoal filter so any unwanted odors are removed for a more breathable atmosphere.
- Easy-to-use front touch controls provide three one touch menu buttons available at your fingertips including Popcorn, Baked Potato and Beverage. With 10 power levels you have plenty of control over how hot to heat up your food. Other functions include Auto Reheat, Defrost and Add 30 Sec. The interior surface light can be controlled via a button.
- Two cooktop lights are integrated, which are ideal for lighting up the stove below the microwave.
- Some users found that the door is a little stiff when opening or closing it, though this isn’t a show stopper.
- The timer can’t be used at the same time as the microwave.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty on parts & labor.
For the budgeted buyer, the Haier HMV1630DBBB 30-inch Over-The-Range 1000 Watt Microwave is a great over range model to go for. In particular, it has a spacious interior, excellent lighting, is user-friendly to operate and easy to install. Highly recommended!