Product Review: Hollywood Racks HR6000 Traveler 3-Bike Hitch Mount Rack
Price Range: $150 – $200
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a heavy-duty hitch-style bike rack to haul up to three bikes at once.
- The Hollywood Racks HR6000 is durably constructed with solid welds and strong heavy-duty steel so it can last a lifetime even under regular use.
- Simple installation allows you to install the rack to your vehicle in a matter of minutes in an easy 5-step process. It can fit both 1-1/4 and 2-inch hitch receivers and comes with a threaded bolt hitch pin for a secure and stable fit.
- Mounting your bikes is a quick and easy task which can be accomplished within a couple of minutes per bike. Simply lift your bike onto the cradle and attach the three rubber straps plus the anti-sway straps. Finally, secure the built-in tie-down strap over the bikes as the final step.
- Each arm has a red safety reflector so you have the added comfort of knowing drivers behind you can see the rack clearly.
- The easy tilt mechanism lets you fold the arms away when the rack is not required so you have access to your cargo.
- A security cable isn’t included with the rack so you need to purchase one separately should you want better security.
Guarantee: Lifetime warranty.
Value for money?
We were impressed with all aspects of the Hollywood Racks HR6000. Its excellent dual-arm design combined with features like anti-sway cradles and the no wobble bolt makes it carry bikes without problems of sway or rattle you may have encountered in the past. If you’re after a hitch rack for hauling 3 bikes or less then this is a wise choice.