Product Review: Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer
Price Range: $250 – $300
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a compact, upright masticating juicer which excels at juicing everything from leafy greens to fruits & vegetables.
- Due to its vertical design, the Hurom Slow Juicer has a small, compact footprint which ensures it takes up minimal space on your countertop. The unit weights just 13.4 lbs so it’s light enough to move with ease.
- The 150 watt heavy-duty motor runs at just 80 RPMs and uses Slow Squeezing Technology which specialises in extracting juice slowly in two stages where it is crushed and squeezed for maximum enzyme and vitamin retention for healthier juice at a high yield. The motor runs quietly so evening juicing sessions are never a problem.
- The self feeding design makes this juicer effortless to use. Simply place your item over the feeding chute then it goes into the machine without requiring a pusher.
- Clean up is a doddle with this juicer. Straight after juicing, simply dissemble the parts then clean them under running water with a sponge for several minutes.
- As standard, the juicer comes with two 32 oz cups, cleaning brush, tamper, pulp extraction plugs plus an instruction manual.
- When juicing stringy vegetables, you need to pre-cut them in advance or they tend to get clogged up in the chute.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty on parts. 10-year warranty on motor.
The Hurom HU-100 Slow Juicer is a great little machine that is ideal for anyone who is looking to get the higher juice quality benefits of a masticating juicer, but don’t want to put up with speeds which are significantly slower than using a centrifugal juicer.
Being so easy to use, you don’t need to go through a learning curve to get good juicing results with it. This versatile slow juicer can juice nearly every fruit or vegetable you can throw at it with incredible efficiency, while producing a dry pulp and a high yield which results in lots of great fresh tasting juice. It even juices wheatgrass remarkably well.
A fantastic juicer all round.