Intex 56671EG 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump Review
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Product Review: Intex 56671EG 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
Price Range: $200 – $250
Feedback: Read Consumer Reviews on the Intex 56671EG 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a low maintenance sand filter for medium sized, above ground pools 16 ft or larger with a 5000 gallon capacity or greater.
- The system comes supplied with all the necessary hardware to get the sand filter operating, including adapters for use with small pools. You’ll also need 100 lbs of standard #20 silica sand at the ready. Total setup time takes no more than 30-45 minutes.
- Powered by a 0.95 HP high performance pump which moves up to 2,650 gallons per hour.
- Using the pump is easy for all users due to its user-friendly design. Just set the daily 12-hr timer to one of the daily cycle settings (2, 4, 6, 8, or 12 hrs) then the pump will clean your pool for the appropriate length of time.
- Unlike cartridge filter and Diatomaceous Earth type filtration systems; this Intex sand filter pump is designed with filtration media which has a lifespan of approximately 5 years so there are no cartridges to replace on an annual basis.
- The system runs on 120 volt AC. It comes with a GFCI protected unit with built-in safety shut-off feature for added peace of mind.
- The o-ring seal has a tendency to leak if not correctly maintained so you need to apply some petroleum jelly onto it then hand tighten it periodically.
- The thread type for the fittings is a metric thread so you need to make modifications if you want to connect to a PVC hard type connector.
Guarantee: 2-year warranty.
For easy, efficient pool maintenance for medium sized pools, the Intex Sand Filter Pump is an excellent solution. Its run quietly and is very easy to setup so it’s good for pool owners of all levels of experience at maintaining a pool.
We recommend this sand filter particularly for owners of medium or large Intex pools who need to upgrade to a better filter.