Product Review: Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 9-Inch 16 GB Tablet
Price Range: $250 – $300
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for an affordable tablet which has a modest enough spec for most tablet tasks from playing games to watching movies in HD.
- The IdeaTab A2109 Tablet has a sizable 9-inch screen which can display a maximum resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. At the heart of the tablet are a 1.2 GHz Tegra 3.0 processor and 1 GB of DDR3 RAM, which provides enough raw power to handle a multitude of media tasks without stalling.
- Ergonomically, this tablet is first class. The slim form factor of less than half an inch contributes to its 1.3 lbs light weight. The soft, matte cover provides an easy grip so you can relax using it knowing that you won’t lose grip.
- On the connectivity front, the IdeaTab doesn’t disappoint. It features a 3.5mm audio jack for connecting headphones when you want extra privacy. Data transfer is made easy due to the MircoSD reader and Mirco USB port. Additionally, the Mirco HDMI port provides you the luxury of watching HD movies on your TV.
- This tablet isn’t behind in wireless connectivity either. With 802.11 Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth, getting online with this device is a cinch.
- Two cameras – Yes you heard right, the IdeaTab A2109 features a front 1.3 MP cam plus a higher spec 3.0 MP cam at the rear for activities such as video chat. Audio comes in the form of dual stereo speakers which provide nice crisp sound for movies and video chat.
- Those who want a robust tablet will be pleased to know that the IdeaTab features a stainless-steel internal roll cage which makes the unit resistance against small knocks or drops.
- Battery life is solid. Up to 8 hours of use can be had even when Wi-Fi is on.
- While the screen has a very crisp image, the viewing angle is somewhat limited. However, it’s adequate for personal use.
Guarantee: 30-day warranty.
Value for money?
The Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Tablet has impressed us immensely for the value it provides. This feature packed touchscreen tablet performs well on all fronts and outperforms other tablets in its price range.