Product Review: Melissa & Doug Deluxe Standing Easel
Price Range: $50 – $60
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for an easy to store, standing easel for children aged 3+.
- Straight out of the box, this easel is rather easy to assemble without any difficulties. It comes with all the required hardware for assembly.
- Foldable: Its foldable design allows you to store the easel away under the bed or against a wall without the bulk of a large footprint.
- The easel has a bi-fold wooden frame which uses a two-sided design that comprises of an extra large chalk board on one side and dry erase board on the other side. Both boards are height adjustable so you can adjust the board to a height comfortable for your child.
- In the middle of the easel there is an easy to load dowel which can hold a butcher paper roll. Parents can pull paper through to either side when needed and use the paper cutter to tear off individual sheets after use.
- Four large, sturdy clips are included which allow you to attach large art papers to the easel surface with ease.
- Two excellent plastic storage trays are included for convenient access to art essentials. On one side the tray can store chalk or marker pens. On the other side, the other tray has 4 paint cup holders and other sections for holding brushes and art accessories.
- Easy to clean – Oversized plastic knobs hold the art boards and trays into place so you can remove them with ease for hand washing in a sink.
- There are no art supplies or paper included. Although you can purchase a companion set and paper pack separately. The companion set comes with great quality paints which are nice and thick.
- The chalk board has to be primed before use.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty.
When one looks at the Melissa & Doug Deluxe Standing Easel it seems to have the lot. It’s sturdy, highly adjustable, a breeze to clean and comes with some nifty accessories. The creative possibilities are endless with the two-sided design which lets children use paints, crayons, pens, chalk and even more. You’ll love the fact it can keep both your children occupied at the same.
If your children have been waiting to unleash their creative potential and get into art then this is the easel that they’ve been waiting for.