Product Review: Minnesota Fats MFT655 Westmont 7.5-Foot Billiard Table Package
Price Range: $800 – $850
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for contemporary, stylish, non-stale pool table which is ideal for recreational play.
- Assembling the Minnesota Fats MFT655 Westmont is easy and straightforward even for one person. It involves simply assembling the legs then securing them to the table top. The assembly process takes only between 30-60 minutes.
- The styling of the Westmont pool table exudes pure elegance. The table is supported by contemporary pedestal legs which along with the concealed drop pockets give it the look of a piece of furniture. The legs, rails and apron are finished in a warm cherry veneer finish.
- A choice of two cloth color styles are available so you can choose one which best matches your room and taste. The MFT655 model comes with a professional midnight blue wool blend cloth, while the MFT656 model comes with a hunter green wool blend cloth.
- The playing surface is 1-inch slate-core with a playing size surface of 78″ L x 38″ W. This Dur-a-bond surface is more solid than MDF made surfaces as it’s made from hard pressed wood, but it isn’t a substitute for slate. The main advantages are that it keeps the price and weight down big time.
- Included accessories with the table include two cues, a set of billiard balls plus a rack.
- This table has a slate-core playing surface, not slate so it lacks the same fast rolls and stability over the long term.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty.
The Minnesota Fats MFT655 Westmont is a table we like as it has a nice balance between style, quality, affordability and ease of setup. Its styling is sleek and sophisticated so it will look wonderful in any game or recreation room.
The slate-core surface helps keep the price down, while still giving you that extra resistance to warping which occurs with MDF surface built tables.
We give this table our recommendation.