Product Review: Norcold Inc. Refrigerators N841 2 Way 2 Door Gas Absorption Refrigerator
Price Range: $1,250 – $1,300
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for highly durable, gas absorption refrigerator with a large capacity.
- A large storage capacity of 7.5 cubic feet provides enough room to store enough food for larger families.
- The embedded steel frame design makes the refrigerator highly durable long term and also scratch resistant.
- The doors can open 180° to provide easier access to food items, thanks to the smart flush-mount design.
- An easy-to-use LCD control panel lets you operate the refrigerator settings with ease. It also features built-in diagnostics so any technical problems can be dealt with more promptly when the appliance is serviced.
- The unit’s adjustable thermostat adjusts accordingly to temperature changes so food it kept at maximum freshness.
- Upon opening the door, there are plenty of storage options for convenient retrieval of food. Two plastic crispers and a 1-gallon sized shelf are ideal for storing milk and vegetables. In the door, there are ½ gallon and 2-liter storage compartments.
- The door alarm alerts you if the door is left ajar for two minutes, preventing an accidental occurrence of food losing freshness.
- The powder-coated wire shelves are durable and easy to clean so maintenance is minimal.
- This model is listed on Norcold’s recall list so you may need to have it upgraded.
Guarantee: 3-year limited warranty.
Value for money?
Norcold have a happy consumer base due to the high quality of their refrigerators. Being a US made appliance is a positive plus from a quality standpoint. The ability to operate it from an electric or LP gas power source makes it very versatile, so you can use it for RV’ing or home use.
However, we’d recommend holding back on this model until it’s off the recall list.