Product Review: Sharp R-1405 950-Watt 1-2/5-Cubic-Foot Over-the-Range Microwave
Price Range: $200 – $250
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for an affordable, basic over the range microwave from a reliable, trusted brand.
- The R-1405 offers easy installation, although having two people carrying out the installation process is recommended. With three venting options, you have the versatility of venting the unit out into your room or externally via an exhaust. Bear in mind you will need to buy a filter separately to use the exhaust fan as it doesn’t come supplied with one.
- A sleek, streamlined design gives this microwave the looks to fit in well in any contemporary styled kitchen. This model is available in either black or white, giving you the choice of color to match your kitchens color scheme.
- 950-watts of power give the R-1405 plenty of power so your food is cooked quickly and evenly. The large 14-1/8″ Carousel turntable can accommodate dishes as large as 9″ x 13″. The interior work light gives you a good view of your food.
- The plethora of cooking programs available includes four programs for Cooking, Reheating and Defrost. The 5-digit display provides easy monitoring of the functions, including the timer which is very handy for busy cooks.
- While installation is easy enough, the instructions aren’t quite as well detailed as some consumers would like.
- Lacks advanced features found on higher-end models such as sensor cooking to auto adjust cooking power and times.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty.
Those with limited counter space looking for a budget over the range microwave should be well pleased with the Sharp R-1405 Over-the-Range Microwave. Many users comment on how it’s more powerful than their older, higher wattage microwave despite it being only 950 watts. This US manufactured model is stylish, well functional and a proven performer.