Product Review: Southern Enterprises Loft Portable Indoor / Outdoor Fireplace
Price Range: $150 – $200
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a portable, attractive fireplace which can be used either indoors or outdoors.
- Sumptuous styling makes this fireplace one you’ll be eager to get out when you have guests over. An elegant nickel base is positioned between two tempered glass panels which are transparent to allow you to see the flame roaring.
- Assembling the fireplace doesn’t take long. However, we recommend that you get some assistance to help with holding the glass panels when attaching them to the base.
- The base emits 3 flames and holds up to three cans of FireGlo gel fuel, giving you plenty of heat to take the chill off the room. It can also be used outdoors which is nice plus.
- Putting out the flame is easy using the snuffer cover. Decorative candles can be put on the cover when the fire is not in use, allowing you to enjoy an alternative ambience.
- Although this fireplace is portable, it’s rather large and heavy so if you’re looking for a more compact, easier to move fireplace of a similar style we recommend you consider the Nu-Flame Ardore BioFireplace instead.
- It is costly to run at around $9 per 3 hours of usage. However, when considering the costs of a built-in fireplace to the upfront cost of this fireplace then it’s pretty economical and of course has the added advantage of its portability.
Guarantee: 1-year warranty.
Value for money?
Those living in apartments, condos or just about anywhere are sure to love the Southern Enterprises Loft Portable Indoor / Outdoor Fireplace. This sleek, attractive piece brings a lot of charm and an inviting ambiance to any room and importantly provides a good amount of heat (approx 9000 BTUs). We can’t fault this one for value.