Product Review: Thule 9029 Vertex Bike Rack
Price Range: $250 – $300
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a modern, stylish US-made hitch-mount rack that can carry up to four bikes in style.
- The Thule Vertex Bike Rack is constructed with solid steel for superior durability. The black finish gives it a sleek appearance. The arc design separates this rack from standard hitch-mount racks as it increases the ground clearance so you have less worry about your bikes contacting the ground whilst driving up slopes.
- This bike rack is compatible with a 1-1/4 inch receiver out of the box, but can be used with a 2-inch receiver using the included conversion adapter.
- A series of well engineered features ensure that your bikes have a snug and secure fit before you take to the road. The improved Hold Fast Cradles™ keep your bike frame held in three areas to ensure it’s fully secure. The anti-sway cages specialize in stopping your bikes swaying into each other and unwanted damage to paintwork.
- Using the Hitch Switch, you can fold down the arms and tilt the rack forward to access your trunk. The mast features an integrated handle which allows you to move the rack easily and conveniently when it comes to installing it or putting it away for storage.
- You may need to purchase the optional frame adapter if you want to carry a bike with an irregular type frame which has no top cross bar.
Guarantee: Lifetime limited warranty.
Value for money?
The Thule 9029 Vertex is an outstanding bike rack which benefits from a unique design that propels it as one of the best ways to transport 4 bikes hitch-mounted style. With aspects which combine style with convenience, you’ll be pleased to have this on your travels. We recommend this wholeheartedly.