Product Review: Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System
Price Range: $250 – $300
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a highly efficient mid-range steam cleaner with an excellent range of accessories to take on different cleaning tasks. People who have problems with bed bugs will find this to be a great solution.
- The MR-100 Primo is constructed with a strong chassis and hard plastic casing to endure heavy-duty use. The 1.6 litre stainless-steel boiler is corrosion resistant so it can tolerate high heat better than regular metal boilers found in cheaper steam cleaners.
- The ergonomic rubber handle allows you to move the machine with ease, while the 18-feet long retractable power cord provides tidy and convenient cable storage.
- The unit is fitted with a Ceme Solenoid, which is designed to prevent the occurrence of condensation building up as the steam transfers from the boiler to the hose thus reducing the likelihood of mold build-up. This kind of tech is usually unheard of in steamers which are in this price range.
- A 1500-watt heating element creates steam temperatures from 210˚- 220˚ with a maximum running time of 60 minutes from a full water tank. An easy-turn dial on the unit allows you to regulate steam output. With a heating time of just 11 minutes, you can start your cleaning chores without much waiting around.
- An impressive range of accessories are included with the MR-100 Primo which specializes in dealing with many cleaning tasks around the home on both soft and hard surfaces, including the ability to kill bed bugs and dust mites. The smart twist and lock design makes the accessories very easy to lock together quickly. With the hinged storage compartment on-board, you have convenient access to the accessories wherever you take the machine.
- The accessories include:
Accessory Storage Bag
Brass Metal Brush
Clothes / Fabric Tool
Detail Scraper Tool
3 Extension Tubes
Fabric Tool Cotton Cover
Floor Cleaning Head
Jet Nozzle Tool
Large Nylon Brush
Micro Fiber Floor Pad
Nylon Grout Brush
Nylon Medium Duty Brush
Replacement O-ring Set
Smooth Surface Squeegee
Steam Gun and Hose
- While the steamer does a good job cleaning light grout, it doesn’t perform well on tough grout on surfaces such as shower tile grout.
- The included extension tubes are rather short so it’s difficult to reach high-up areas such as ceiling fans.
- Users have reported several of the attachments breaking, particularly the smaller ones. It appears the plastic used isn’t durable enough.
- There is no water level indicator on the unit so you need to use due diligence to ensure the unit doesn’t boil dry.
Guarantee: Lifetime limited warranty (only valid if you use distilled water).
Value for money?
For chemical-free cleaning for small or medium sized properties, the Vapamore MR-100 Primo is a good, compact steam cleaner to consider for its price despite its flaws. Ergonomically designed, lightweight and user-friendly, this has had a lot of thought put into its design by Vapamore. However, we hope they incorporate an all swivel wheel design on their next model to make the unit easier to manoeuvre.
The 17 accessories included allow you to do many different cleaning jobs which other steamers fail to handle, from tackling dirt and grime in small crevices to killing bed bugs, so this machine is truly multi-purpose for the most part.