Product Review: Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend
Price Range: $350 – $400
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a simple-to-use, high powered blender which lives up to its commercial-grade billing.
- The power behind the Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend is a 2-peak HP thermal-protected motor which delivers enough raw power to rotate the stainless-steel blade up to an astonishing 240 miles per hour. This allows the machine to pulverize even the toughest of ingredients in just seconds.
- Lazer-cut for maximum precision, the stainless-steel cutting blades inside the Vitamix slice and dice through dry ingredients and ice with thorough consistency so you get sensational results.
- The motor base is fitted with a radial cooling fan which ensures the machine is kept sufficiently cool so it doesn’t overheat even with regular usage.
- With the simple controls consisting of a High/Low speed button plus an On/Off switch, operating this blender is easy for all users.
- The convenient self-cleaning feature lets you clean out the container in just 30 seconds using soap and water.
- Included with the blender is a large 64-ounce capacity container which is constructed of BPA-free tritan copolyester plastic. The locking lid design ensures the lid stays tightly around the container so it won’t become loose during blending.
- The long tamper tool assists you in processing thick ingredients efficiently. For safety, this tool has been designed so it doesn’t come in contact with the blade so you won’t get shavings of plastic in the liquid.
- A full color spiral-bound recipe book is included so you have plenty of ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- The fact this blender only has 2 speed settings means that you do not have the flexibility of variable speeds like you have with Vitamix’s higher end models. However, some consumers assert that the extra dials complicated things and are not necessary.
Guarantee: 5-year warranty.
Value for money?
Vitamix blenders are renowned for their high power and high reliability so they are certainly worth their premium price tag if you need more power than a basic blender. The Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend has a whole host of chuffed consumers willing to sing its praises and quite rightly so. Whether you want to grind coffee, make nut butter, soups, sauces or crush ice, this puppy can handle it without stalling.