Product Review: Whynter BWR-18SD 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Refrigerator
Price Range: $450 – $500
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for an elegant, compact wine refrigerator which can be built-in under a counter or used as a free-standing unit.
- The Whynter BWR-18SD sports a highly compact design measuring just 12-inches wide and 34-inches tall, allowing it to fit inside tightly compact spaces.
- Due to the front ventilation cooling, this unit has the versatility of being used either freestanding or fitted flush against your cabinet to make maximum use of space in the kitchen.
- The premium design elements of this wine refrigerator convey an ultra-modern, elegant look. These include a smart stainless-steel door with long L-bar handle and a sleek black cabinet. The tempered double-paned glass door provides good UV protection so you don’t need to worry about sunlight affecting your wines on those hot summer days.
- The use of a compressor-based cooling system provides a consistently cool temperature using an internal fan to circulate cold air so your wine bottles will be kept adequately chilled for when you need them.
- Inside, 7 removable chrome racks are present which allow you to store up to nineteen 750 ml bottles on. This is a very good capacity when considering the dimensions of this unit.
- Simple digital temperature controls inside the door allow you to change the temperature within a range of 40ºF – 65ºF and is shown clearly on an LED display. With this range, you can even store dry white wines or rose wines.
- The interior LED light provides safe lighting to enhance the ambiance of the refrigerator. The light can be controlled via the switch located inside on the control panel.
- A security lock and key is included so you can keep your wine collection safe. This is a particularly handy feature for those who have children and want to ensure they don’t have a tipple.
- This model uses a compressor cooling system so it isn’t as quiet as a thermoelectric model. That being said, due to its compact size the noise level isn’t loud so it’s fine for areas such as the kitchen.
Guarantee: 1-year limited warranty.
Value for money?
Those in the market for a narrow, compact built-in wine refrigerator that places emphasis on great styling and premium features will find the Whynter BWR-18SD 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Refrigerator to be a stellar choice. The high build quality of the unit also impressed us so this can hold up for a long time.