Product Review: Yakima Viper Bike Mount
Price Range: $100 – $150
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a highly versatile roof top bike rack from a reliable brand.
- The Yakima Viper Bike Mount has an ultra-sleek, low-profile design which makes it look great on your vehicle. The lightweight also ensures that it’s easy to lift on and off.
- Its 9 mm stainless-steel lockable skewer enables it to haul a wide variety of bikes with disc brakes. The skewer is very easy to adjust via a dial after placing your forks on to the skewer.
- Installation is simple and requires no tools so you can get it on your vehicle without hassle. The rack can fit both square and round style crossbars for maximum versatility.
- A ratcheting wheel strap secures you bikes rear wheel and is highly adjustable for different wheel and rim sizes.
- You need to remove the front wheel of your bike before attaching it to the rack. This is possibly an inconvenience for some. However, a wheel fork carrier is available optionally if you want to transport your front wheel.
- The SKS locking cores have to be purchased separately if you want to keep your bike fully secure.
Guarantee: Lifetime warranty.
Value for money?
The Yakima Viper Bike Mount is a premium quality rack with an impressive design. Yakima prioritized convenience with the Viper by allowing easy adjustments so you can be on your journey as soon as possible. Bike compatibility is also top draw due to its versatile design. Overall, this is a proven performer which should be on your shortlist if you need to only haul one bike.