Product Review: Zojirushi CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer
Price Range: $150 – $200
Who Would Buy This: Those shopping for a versatile, energy efficent water boiler and warmer to have hot water on demand in the home.
- The Zojirushi CV-DSC40 has a sleek stainless steel exterior which looks great in both home and commercial settings. The removable handle is in typical Zojirushi style very robust making it easy to move the dispenser once filled with water. It comes with a non-stick inner container for ease of cleaning. Its detachable 3 foot power cable is magnetic so the cable doesn’t get damaged if it is pulled.
- The water boiler has a 4 litre capacity which is large enough to serve most small or medium sized households. With the highly visible Panorama Window water-level gauge, it’s easy to see the water level as you fill it. You can use either regular tap water or distilled water via a pitcher. However, we recommend using distilled water if you want zero maintenance and don’t want to de-scale the boiler.
- It’s built with energy efficient methodologies like Super VE Hybrid technology which uses a double insulation wall to retain maximum heat while only consuming minimal power. There is even a keep warm function which uses no electricity and keeps your water warm via the vacuum insulation only.
- This unit features an easy to use control panel which uses one-touch control for simple and quick operation. Dispensing hot water is as easy as just holding the Dispense button on the control panel. If you require slow dispensing you can you the specially designated Cafe Drip mode.
- Three temperature settings let you set the water temperature to 175, 195 or 208 degrees F and keep water hot all day so you have hot water on demand at the perfect temperature whether you fancy some green tea or want some instant noodles in the evening. If you need even hotter water you can simply press the Reboil button and the water will be heated to 212 degrees F in less than 8 minutes. The water temperature is displayed on the LCD display so you know what the current temperature is at all times.
- A built-in timer allows you to set the machine from 6-8 hrs so you can set it to boil at a convenient time for you.
- The audible beep indicator alerts the user via 5 beeps once the water has boiled or the water level is too low. Alternative settings include a musical tune and silent mode if you want no audible alert.
- Safety features include an auto shut-off mode.
- The power cord is a little short at only 3 foot long.
- It is slower than a regular kettle. It takes approx 20-30 minutes to turn cold water into hot water. However, it does a great job of keeping water hot and consistently maintaining its temperature, which is its primary purpose.
Guarantee: 1-year limited warranty on parts & labor.
The Zojirushi CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer is a high quality, well engineered appliance which is ideal for anyone who regularly needs hot water at their convenience throughout the day. This is handy for everything from preparing noodles to filling your hot water bottle at night.
The excellent vacuum insulation it uses makes it very energy efficient and cheaper to run than low-end models. Its one-touch operation makes it so easy to use so anyone used to using a normal kettle will get to grips with it in no time.
Reviewers cite its high reliability rate even when used daily, so you can be pretty confident that you’ll get years of use from this Japan made unit.